From Twin Peaks to Twilight, from Practical Magic to Portlandia!, Filmlandia! highlights more than 200 film and television entertainments created and centered in Seattle, Portland, and the greater Pacific Northwest, extensively researched and curated by culture writer David Schmader.
The PNW has a thriving, rich film culture, and it’s finally celebrated in a guide as visually arresting and compelling as the films and television themselves!
More than 200 entries are included and feature:
• Hilarious, insightful synopses
• Behind-the-scene facts and trivia
• Regional scenic highlights
In addition, sidebars pepper the pages, covering:
• Regional filmmakers like Gus Van Sant and Lynn Shelton
• Television shows that shaped the public’s perception of the region (such as Twin Peaks, Shrill, and Portlandia!)
• Documentaries, queer cinema, silent films, Vancouver-shot imposters, and more.
Colorful artwork, inspired by the primary VHS color palette of the 80s, turns this handy guide into a visual treat as well. This is a book for any cinephile, but for those who love and live in the PNW, Filmlandia! is an absolute must-have.