“[A] a well-researched, deeply comprehensive (and readable!) guide to building a queer family in a way that works for you.”
—Emily Oster, author of Expecting Better
This groundbreaking, up-to-date fertility guide from trusted queer and trans midwife Kristin Liam Kali is perfect for every queer family seeking pregnancy. It’s also the first evidence-based, transgender inclusive, and body-positive fertility resource for our community. Here, queer prospective parents will find sound advice about every step of the baby-making process:
· Creating a timeline
· Fertile health for every body
· Preconception tests
· Identifying ovulation
· Sperm donors, egg donors, gamete banks, and surrogacy
· Methods of insemination including IUI, IVF, and reciprocal IVF
· Miscarriage and infertility
· Navigating early pregnancy and preparing for infant feeding, including lactation induction for trans women and other nongestational parents
This book is for all LGBTQ+ readers interested in creating family through pregnancy: anyone who identifies as queer, lesbians, gay men, bisexual people, trans and nonbinary people, couples, single parents by choice, poly families, and coparents. It’s an antidote to a culture and medical system that all too often centers heterosexual couples experiencing infertility while overlooking our unique needs.
Also contains sidebars with guidance for reproductive healthcare professionals.
“This life-changing book is equal parts practical handbook and sensitively written resource. Highly recommended!”
—Toni Weschler, MPH, author of Taking Charge of Your Fertility