A valuable parenting guide for divorced or separated couples with kids, this handbook offers tools for navigating conflicts and setting boundaries so both children and co-parents can thrive
Parents need help to confidently take on the challenges of guiding children through divorce or separation and raising them skillfully in 2 homes. The authors, both trusted divorce and co-parenting coaches, provide the road map for all family members to safely navigate the difficult emotional terrain through separation/divorce and beyond.
The authors offer reassuring well-tested guidance, including advice on:
• The emotional impact of separation for both parents and kids
• Conflict and mediation
• Settling into a 2-home family
• Respectful communication and decision making
• Managing finances
• Co-parenting at holidays and events
• Introducing new adults into children’s lives
With strategies to help resolve day-to-day issues, create boundaries, and establish guidelines for a wide range of families and experiences, this accessible manual is a must have for co-parents.